How to Enroll
Try out our program with no commitment to the Air Force. Minimum GPA requirement to join is a collegiate 2.0 cumulative GPA. If you have not attended college, you may sign up with no collegiate GPA. You must be enrolled in full time (12 hours) while in AFROTC with the exception of your final term as a senior level Cadet.
Review the Admissions Criteria Power Point below for GPA and other standards requirements to enter AFROTC.
If you will earn your bachelors degree in Spring or Summer of 2024 or 2025 and meet all eligibility requirements, you're able to apply for Fall 2021.
If you are a Freshman - enroll in Aerospace Studies (AS) 1110 and (AS) 1000. If you are a Sophomore in Fall 2020- enroll in Aerospace Studies (AS) 1110, (AS) 2110 and (AS) 1000, in addition to your degree seeking classes.
New Cadet Orientation Program (NCOP) for Fall 2021 will be distributed via email through the summer once you are enrolled in AS classes for Fall 2021.
To begin your Cadet WINGS application online, please follow these steps:
1. All new applicants use this link to create a WINGS account: https://wings.holmcenter.com/applyforafrotc
2. Complete the series of questions that are associated with the WINGS application.
3. Do NOT complete the forms associated with the application.
3. If you have questions along the way, email us at email@example.com
4. Visit our website at www.afrotc.txstate.edu to find additional information.
Applicants will bring the following items to NCOP:
1. Photo ID (Driver's license or government ID preferred)
2. Original and copy of Signed Social Security Card (must be signed and must have original or will not be accepted).
3. Original and copy of Birth Certificate or true copy with raised seal
4. Original and copy of Naturalized Citizen Certificate or proof of in--process naturalization (this does not apply if you have a birth certificate).
You must email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) all of the forms/items listed below:
1. Selective Service Number Printout (males only)
2. SAT and/or ACT if NOT provided to Texas State
3. Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) Certificate (if applicable)
4. Copy of Boy/Girl Scout, Eagle Scout, GS Senior Award with Gold Palm Certificate (if applicable)
5. Civil Air Patrol Certificate (if applicable)
6. Department of Defense Form 214 (prior service only, bring copy #4)
7. Department of Defense Form 368 (if currently serving Reserves, National Guard, etc)
You may download and complete the Form 28, AFROTC Pre-Participatory Physical, prior to NCOP. That can be completed by your personal physician, preferred emergency clinic, etc. It must be signed by the physician and the original provided at NCOP to allow participation in PT, a mandatory portion of Leadership Lab.
Should you have any questions about the application form or process, please email email@example.com
This year we have a new opportunity to use a specific dorm reserved for ROTC! If interested click here to sign up!
UNTIL REGISTERED IN LEADERSHIP LAB (AS 1000), YOU ARE NOT IN AFROTC.